What Do I Do With Old License Plates In Florida?
Getting rid of your old car in Florida? There are plenty of ways to get rid of your old license plates. Selling, returning, and recycling are just a few options that every Florida driver can use.
1.) Send Them Back To The DMV
- In the state of Florida there is typically no need to surrender your plates. Visit the DMV in person or schedule an appointment.
- If you don't want to go wait in line at the DMV mail your old plates to the DMV licensing office.
2.) Sell Your Florida Plates Online
- Florida plates can be valuable, especially if they are vintage or collector's editions.
- Visiting eBay, craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace are just a few places you can sell your plates online. There's always someone looking for plates for an art project.
- If you'd like an in person transaction, visit a consignment shop to have them sell it for you.
3.) Recycle Your Old License Plates Responsibly
- Recycle your old plates at these Florida recycling centers:
- Most metal recycling centers will accept aluminum license plates. Make sure you chop up your license plates and remove any tags or screws.
- See here how you can recycle other car parts.
4.) Make Something Special With Your Florida Plates
- Try upcycling and create something brand new with your old Florida license plates.
- Pinterest has plenty of ideas like sculptures, birdhouses, and even journals are just a few things you can make with old license plates.
- When cutting up your license plate, watch out for sharp edges!
Donate Your Old Car In Florida
Within 24 hours of the next business day, we'll give you a call to set up your free towing
Wait for your tax deductible receipt in the mail.
Helping Make-A-Wish children is as easy as the click of a button!