4 Things You Can Do With Your Old Oregon License Plate
September 20, 2021
1.) Surrender Your Plates With The Oregon DMV
In the state of Oregon you'll need to surrender your plates or destroy them accordingly:
- Make your Oregon plates unusable by bending them, removing and destroying the stickers, and/or recycling them.
- Surrender them in person to your local OR DMV office.
- Surrender them by mail to the DMV at: 1905 Lana Avenue NE Salem, OR 97314
2.) Sell Your Expired Oregon Plates
- Make sure you remove and destroy your registration stickers before you sell your old Oregon license plates.
- Oregon plates can be worth something, especially if they are collector's editions.
- Visiting craigslist, eBay, or Facebook are just a few places you can sell your plates online. There's always someone looking for plates for an creative project.
- If you'd like an in person transaction, try a consignment shop to have them sell it for you.
3.) Recycle Your Old Plates
- Recycle your old plates at these Oregon recycling centers:
- Make sure you chop up your license plates and remove any tags or screws. Most metal recycling centers will accept aluminum license plates.
- See here how you can recycle other car parts.
4.) Upcycle Your Oregon Plates
- When cutting up your license plate, watch out for sharp edges!
- Create something new by upcycling your old Oregon license plates.
- Pinterest has some great ideas like sculptures, birdhouses, and even journals are just a few things you can make with old license plates.
Donate Your Old Car In Oregon
- Go to our online car donation form or give us a call at 1-855-278-9474 to start your car donation.
- Within 24 hours of the next business day, we'll give you a call to set up your free towing.
- Wait for your tax deductible receipt in the mail.
Helping Make-A-Wish children is as easy as the click of a button!