We're still accepting vehicle donations, but subject to change if necessary.
See our COVID-19 FAQ

Florida Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:You sign on the front of the Title, and please sign where it reads name of Transfer of Title by Seller.

Florida Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Info can be found at:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:The spouse would legally transfer the ownership without the need of a will or legal document. A certified copy of the death certificate would be required. The spouse would sign the Title. If it is in probate we would need a copy of the certified death certificate, probate papers from the court or a certified copy of the will is needed. All of this paperwork can be obtained by contacting your local Florida County Tax Office.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:The donor would complete a Notice of Sale (HSMV 82050) and mail it to their local tax collector’s office. Plates need to be canceled by surrendering them to the local tax collector’s office or by mailing them. For more information visit http://www.flhsmv.gov/locations/

Notice of Sale Form:

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474