4 Things You Can Do With Old Ohio License Plates
If you are getting rid of an old car or getting a new car you may be thinking about what you should do with your old Ohio license plates. Here are four things that you can do with them.
1.) Mail Your Old Plates To Your Local DMV
- You'll need to mail in your old plates if you are transferring a vehicle in Ohio. See which local DMV licensing office is best for you when mailing.
- You can also go to the DMV in person. Schedule an appointment online or wait in line, just be sure to check if the DMV is allowing walk-ins.
2.) Try To Sell Your Old Ohio Plates
- Some Ohio plates are highly sought after. Between collector plates and vintage plates, you never know what your plates could be worth!
- Online marketplaces like eBay, craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace are a great place to sell your plates.
- Consignment shops or a second hand stores are a good option for people who would prefer a physical selling option.
3.) You Can Recycle Your Ohio License Plates
- Aluminum is always in demand and recycled aluminum can reduce manufacturer carbon footprint by 95% just by using recycled aluminum.
- Here are some Ohio recycling centers:
- You can also recycle your license plates at any recycling center that accepts metal. Make sure you cut up your license plate or destroying it to prevent any fraudulent use of your plates. You'll have to sort things out with the police if your stolen plates are on someone else's vehicle.
- See how you can recycle other car parts.
4.) Get Artsy, Upcycle Your Ohio Plates
- Upcycling is an easy way to reuse your own materials to make a practical and artistic item. Pinterest has plenty of projects that you can make from your old Ohio license plates.
- Wall decorations and birdhouses can be made when upcycling old license plates. Be careful of the sharp edges when crafting with your license plates!
How To Donate A Car In Ohio
Disposing of your plates because you're getting rid of a vehicle in Ohio? Try donating your car in Ohio to Wheels For Wishes, benefiting Make-A-Wish kids from Columbus to Toledo!
- Go to our online car donation form or give us a call at 1-855-278-9474 to start your car donation.
- Within 24 hours of the next business day, we'll give you a call to set up your free towing
- We'll mail your tax deductible receipt within a few weeks.
Getting rid of a car without a title? No problem! Let us help you with any Ohio title problem you might have. We can help almost anyone get a new title.
Choose A Different State
Here's how you can get rid of license plates in a different state:
Alabama : Alaska : Arizona : Arkansas : California : Colorado : Connecticut : Delaware : District of Columbia : Florida : Georgia : Hawaii : Idaho : Illinois : Indiana : Iowa : Kansas : Kentucky : Louisiana : Maine : Maryland : Massachusetts : Michigan : Minnesota : Mississippi : Missouri : Montana : Nebraska : Nevada : New Hampshire : New Jersey : New Mexico : New York : North Carolina : North Dakota : Ohio : Oklahoma : Oregon : Pennsylvania : Rhode Island : South Carolina : South Dakota : Tennessee : Texas : Utah : Vermont : Virginia : Washington : West Virginia : Wisconsin : Wyoming : Washington D.C.