4 Easy Things You Can Do With Your Old Colorado License Plates
1.) Surrender Your Plates With The Colorado DMV
In the state of Colorado you'll need to surrender your plates or destroy them accordingly:
- If you plan on disposing of your old plates make your Colorado plates unusable by bending them, removing and destroying the stickers, and then recycling them responsibly.
- Surrender them in person to your local CO DMV office.
- Return them by mail to the DMV at: a Motor Vehicle Office location near you.
- Transfer plates to a new car or surrender them online at the Colorado dmv website.
2.) Sell Your Expired Colorado Plates
- Make sure you remove and destroy your registration stickers before you sell your old Colorado license plates.
- Colorado plates can be worth something, especially if they are collector's editions.
- Visiting craigslist, eBay, or Facebook are just a few places you can sell your plates online. There's always someone looking for plates for an creative project.
- If you'd like an in person transaction, try a consignment shop to have them sell it for you.
3.) Recycle Your Old Plates
- Recycle your old plates at these Colorado recycling centers:
- Make sure you chop up your license plates and remove any tags or screws. Most metal recycling centers will accept aluminum license plates.
- See here how you can recycle other car parts.
4.) Upcycle Your Colorado Plates
- Pinterest has some great ideas like sculptures, birdhouses, and even journals are just a few things you can make with old license plates.
- When cutting up your license plate, watch out for sharp edges!
- Create something new by upcycling your old Colorado license plates.
Donate Your Old Car In Colorado
- Go to our online car donation form or give us a call at 1-855-278-9474 to start your car donation.
- Within 24 hours of the next business day, we'll give you a call to set up your 100% free towing.
- Wait for your tax deductible receipt in the mail.
Helping Make-A-Wish children is as easy as the click of a button!
Choose A Different State
Here's how you can get rid of license plates in a different state:
Alabama : Alaska : Arizona : Arkansas : California : Colorado : Connecticut : Delaware : District of Columbia : Florida : Georgia : Hawaii : Idaho : Illinois : Indiana : Iowa : Kansas : Kentucky : Louisiana : Maine : Maryland : Massachusetts : Michigan : Minnesota : Mississippi : Missouri : Montana : Nebraska : Nevada : New Hampshire : New Jersey : New Mexico : New York : North Carolina : North Dakota : Ohio : Oklahoma : Oregon : Pennsylvania : Rhode Island : South Carolina : South Dakota : Tennessee : Texas : Utah : Vermont : Virginia : Washington : West Virginia : Wisconsin : Wyoming : Washington D.C.