How To Get Rid Of Your License Plates in Tennessee
Tennessee drivers might be wondering what they can do when their license expires. The good news is that you don't have to surrender your old plates unless they are specialty plates in the state of Tennessee. Here are all the things you can do with your old license plates.
1.) Mail Or Drop Off Your Old Tennessee License Plates At Your Local DMV
- Unless you have specialty plates, it is not required to return your license plates in the state of Tennessee. If you'd like to return your license plates, go to the DMV in person and drop them off
- Mailing is also an option, just send it to any DMV that deals with license plates.
- If you just registered your car, see if you can just leave the old plates with the DMV clerk.
2.) Recycle Your Tennessee Plates
- Help decrease the carbon footprint of metal manufacturers by 95% just by using recycled aluminum.
- Here are some Tennessee recycling centers to send old plates:
- Here are other ways that you can recycle your old car parts.
3.) Sell Your Plates Online On A Marketplace
- Your Tennessee license plate might be a collectors edition. All kinds of vintage, custom and other different plates can be highly valued.
- Internet marketplace hubs like eBay, craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace are great places to find the value of your plates and sell them with ease.
- Walk into a consignment shop or a second hand stop for a physical interaction for a sale.
4.) Upcycle Your Tennessee Plates
- Upcycling is an easy way to reuse your own materials to make a practical and artistic item. Pinterest has hundreds of projects that you can make from your old Tennessee license plates.
- Birdhouses, sculptures, wall decorations, and even book bindings are great places to start your license plate art projects.
- Be careful not to cut yourself on the sharp metal pieces.
How Do I Donate My Old Car In Tennessee?
Want to donate a car in Tennessee? Wheels For Wishes is a car donation charity that benefits Make-A-Wish kids from Nashville to Memphis.
Here's how you can donate a car in Tennessee:
- First, visit our car donation form or give us a call at 1-855-278-9474 to start your easy car donation.
- You'll receive a call to schedule your free towing pick up.
- Your tax deductible receipt will arrive in a few weeks.
We can help you through almost any Tennessee title problem you might have, even if you need to get a new title.
Choose A Different State
Here's how you can get rid of license plates in a different state:
Alabama : Alaska : Arizona : Arkansas : California : Colorado : Connecticut : Delaware : District of Columbia : Florida : Georgia : Hawaii : Idaho : Illinois : Indiana : Iowa : Kansas : Kentucky : Louisiana : Maine : Maryland : Massachusetts : Michigan : Minnesota : Mississippi : Missouri : Montana : Nebraska : Nevada : New Hampshire : New Jersey : New Mexico : New York : North Carolina : North Dakota : Ohio : Oklahoma : Oregon : Pennsylvania : Rhode Island : South Carolina : South Dakota : Tennessee : Texas : Utah : Vermont : Virginia : Washington : West Virginia : Wisconsin : Wyoming : Washington D.C.