What Can I Do With Old Massachusetts License Plates?
If you are selling your car, replacing damaged plates, moving to a new state or just getting rid of your old car in Massachusetts, there are plenty of ways to get rid of your old license plates. Selling, returning, and recycling are just a few options that every Massachusetts driver can use.
1.) Return Them To The DMV By Mail Or In Person
- In the state of Massachusetts you'll need to send your plates back to the DMV, recycle, or destroy them if you don't plan on upcycling them. Visit the DMV in person or schedule an appointment.
- If you don't want to go wait in line at the DMV mail your old plates to the DMV licensing office.
2.) Sell Your Massachusetts Plates
- If your Massachusetts plates are collector plates or vintage, they can be valuable!
- eBay, Facebook Marketplace, or craigslist are just a few places you can sell your plates online. There's always someone looking for plates for their art project.
- A consignment shop might be your best option for in person selling.
3.) Drop Off Your Old Plates At A Recycling Center
- Recycle your old plates at these Massachusetts recycling centers:
- See here how you can recycle other car parts.
- Most metal recycling centers will accept aluminum license plates. Make sure you chop up your license plates and remove any tags or screws.
4.) Craft Something From Your Old Mass. License Plates
- Pinterest has plenty of ideas like sculptures, birdhouses, and even journals are just a few things you can make with old license plates.
- Try upcycling and create something brand new with your old Massachusetts license plates.
- Watch out for sharp edges when you're cutting up your license plates!
Donate A Car In Massachusetts
- Go to our online car donation form or give us a call at 1-855-278-9474 to start your car donation.
- Within 24 hours of the next business day, we'll give you a call to set up your free towing
- Wait for your tax deductible receipt in the mail.
Helping Make-A-Wish children is as easy as the click of a button!
Choose A Different State
Here's how you can get rid of license plates in a different state:
Alabama : Alaska : Arizona : Arkansas : California : Colorado : Connecticut : Delaware : District of Columbia : Florida : Georgia : Hawaii : Idaho : Illinois : Indiana : Iowa : Kansas : Kentucky : Louisiana : Maine : Maryland : Massachusetts : Michigan : Minnesota : Mississippi : Missouri : Montana : Nebraska : Nevada : New Hampshire : New Jersey : New Mexico : New York : North Carolina : North Dakota : Ohio : Oklahoma : Oregon : Pennsylvania : Rhode Island : South Carolina : South Dakota : Tennessee : Texas : Utah : Vermont : Virginia : Washington : West Virginia : Wisconsin : Wyoming : Washington D.C.