We're still accepting vehicle donations, but subject to change if necessary. For faster service please use the online form. In light of COVID-19, we are taking all steps necessary for your car donation to take place in a safe manner. See our COVID-19 FAQ page for details.

Massachusetts Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign where it reads “Signature of Seller(s)” and next to that “Printed names of Seller(s).”

Massachusetts Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Form:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:Surviving Spouse – The spouse must sign the Title, provide a copy of the Death Certificate, fill out the Affidavit of Surviving Spouse Form 20026, and ownership transfers to surviving spouse.

No Surviving Spouse – Transfer of ownership is accomplished with a copy of Death Certificate, a copy of the Certificate of Appointment of the administrator or executor from the probate court, and a properly signed Title by the administrator or executor. MA AFPF needed signed by lien holder.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:The donor will have to complete the “Cancel My Plate/Registration “form if the vehicle is registered in Massachusetts on the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles website. Completion of the online form will generate a plate return receipt that will enable the owner to cancel insurance and provide proof of the date of transfer. Otherwise this can be completed in person as well at the local Registry of Motor Vehicles office. The plates and registration stickers should also be removed before the time of pick up. They should be returned to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles unless the donor is transferring the plates to another vehicle.

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474