Wheels For Wishes Home

Oregon Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Click here to donate a car in Oregon, benefiting Make-A-Wish kids!

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign in the Reassignment section where it reads “Seller’s Printed Name and next to that where it reads “Signature” only.

Oregon Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

How to Obtain a Duplicate Title:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:Joint Ownership with Right of Survivorship JTWROS – Requires signature of survivor and copy of Death Certificate.

Probate – Requires signature of executor on title and probate paperwork, Oregon unsigned title, and BOS from executor.

Non probate – Requires notarized Inheritance affidavit and title.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:The state of Oregon, liability is release when the Motor Vehicle Transfer Notification has been completed by the donor through the Oregon DMV. By completing this form, it will notify them Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles that the vehicle has been sold or otherwise transferred or assigned elsewhere and is no longer in the donor’s possession. The form must be completed within ten days after the vehicle has been picked up from our tow facility. Also, Oregon license plates are not required to be removed from a vehicle, but it is recommended. If license plates are removed; they should be destroyed or returned to the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles. License plates may be transferred to another owned vehicle by contacting Oregon DMV.

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474

Excellent 9.3 out of 10
CDF also runs the following programs:
Wheels for Wishes benefiting Make-A-Wish®, Wheels for Wishes & Wellness benefiting local children's hospitals and charities, Vehicles for Veterans benefiting disabled veterans, and Animal Car Donation benefiting animal rescue organizations.

Read More
CDF's mission is to help these benefitting charities fulfill their missions with proceeds from CDF's car donation programs. CDF and all benefitting charities are separate and unaffiliated 501c organizations.
© 2009 - 2023 Wheels For Wishes (Car Donation Foundation)
A federally registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization