20 Things You Can Do During The Holidays After Donating A Car
December is one of the busiest months of the year. With families preparing for the holidays, holiday concerts, end of the year work and last minute shopping, there is hardly a minute of time to spare. Wheels For Wishes can make your December a little less difficult, by helping you to remove that vehicle you’ve been trying to sell from your driveway. Make a difference in the life of a child by donating your car, boat, ATV, SUV, RV or motorcycle to Wheels For Wishes benefiting Make-A-Wish.
Car donation is easy, and can benefit children across the United States, from Washington D.C. to San Francisco! December is busy enough without worrying about selling your car. Don’t waste your precious time placing ads, meeting potential buyers or trying to agree upon a fair price. We will pick-up or tow your current vehicle for free, and you will receive a tax deduction for your donation. Best of all, your donation can help wishes come true for children with critical illnesses by benefiting Make-A-Wish. All you have to do is call 1-855-278-9474 or fill out a vehicle donation form online.
Here are 20 things you can do with all of your free time this December after making a vehicle donation:
- Have a snowball fight. Build walls and snowballs and have a nice old fashioned snowball fight with the family. When the battle is over, you can head inside and enjoy a nice cup of hot cocoa next to the fire.
- Build a snowman. Maybe a snowball fight is a little too crazy for you and your family. You can still enjoy the snow by creating a beautiful snowman. Don’t forget to top off your snowy creation with a magic cap!
- Go Sledding. Hit the hills this winter on a sled! Take advantage of the winter months by cruising down the sledding hills in your area.
- Watch Your Favorite Holiday Movies. All throughout December there are holiday movie marathons. With all of the time you save from your car donation you can watch your favorite holiday classics!
- Ski or Snowboard. For the more skilled among us, it might be fun to use that extra time from your car donation to hit the slopes on a snowboard or skis! Take a trip to the top of a mountain and enjoy the crisp breeze on your slalom down the hill.
- Go Ice Skating. When was the last time you slid around on the ice? Why not take advantage of your free time by gliding around the cold surface with your loved ones? Ice skating is great exercise and a ton of fun.
- Cross Country Skiing. With all of that money you are saving from having to insure your vehicle after donation, you can invest in some cross country skis or snow boots and enjoy outdoor time on your area walking paths! It’s not always easy to get outside in the winter, but snow boots and cross country skis make it a lot less difficult.
- Go Shopping. Remember those presents you were going to pick up in August? Well, it’s December. Luckily, you have some extra time to pick them up now.
- Volunteer. The holidays are a great time to give back to your community. Take advantage of your newly acquired spare time by taking the time to volunteer.
- Celebrate With The Community. Many communities offer all kinds of fun events during the holidays. Whether it is a light show, holiday parade or ice sculptures, these kinds of community events are always fun for the whole family.
- Holiday Cleaning. Spring cleaning doesn’t necessarily have to take place in the spring. Now that you’ve cleared some space outside with your car donation, take your proactive attitude to the rest of the house and really impress the in-laws this holiday season.
- Bake Cookies. If you needed an excuse to bake delicious cookies, the holidays are here for you. Bake dozens of different varieties of cookies and send them off to all of your friends!
- Read A Book. We don’t always have time to sit down and enjoy a good book, but with some of your free time you can! Read a holiday classic or the latest blockbuster novel you’ve been eyeing.
- Go To The Theater. There are always plenty of theater productions to view during the holidays. From the classic Christmas Carol, to holiday concerts, take the family to your local theater.
- Eat Holiday Candy. Candy Canes aren’t around all year long. Take advantage of December by purchasing, then consuming some of your favorite holiday candies.
- Host A Party. Your house is clean, your presents have been purchased, you’ve cooked delicious cookies – now is the perfect time to host a party! Trade goofy presents and wear ugly sweaters while enjoying the company of close friends.
- Prepare For The New Year. Get started on your New Year’s resolutions early by making a list of all the things you’d like to accomplish this upcoming year. And, you can even check “sell my vehicle” off the list!
- Visit Family. Holidays are a time to spend with family. Take your spare time to visit friends and family during the holiday season.
- Plan A Trip. Maybe you are already tired of the snow and colder weather. Check the internet to see where you could take a mid-winter vacation! There are plenty of warm places that can help you work through the rest of winter.
- Relax. Maybe the best thing to do with your free time is nothing at all! It’s not too often we get a chance to just relax, so take advantage of that extra time on your hands.
Car donation can free-up time and resources to do what you would really like to be doing this holiday season. Stop wasting time on that car you no longer want or need. Make a donation to Wheels For Wishes by 11:59 p.m. Dec. 31, and receive your tax deduction this spring!