Now that summer weather is here to stay, it’s time to start thinking about more ways to get active. Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana has got you covered with 7 different events throughout the summer. If you’re in the mood for a charity walk or run, don’t miss these great opportunities to get involved with Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Each event has its own style, so there’s something for everyone.
Lady Tutu 5K And Princess Dash
This event, taking place June 4, makes for the perfect mother-daughter day or a girls’ weekend event. The Lady Tutu 5k is a women-only running and walking event benefiting Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. The event takes place at Crocker Park in Westlake, Ohio (189 Crocker Park Blvd.), starting at 8:30 a.m. Younger participants who aren’t up for the whole 5k might enjoy testing their skills at the Princess Dash, taking place immediately after the 5k. All finishers in the 5k will receive a large custom medal and Princesses will receive a special ribbon for taking part in the dash.
Grab your mother, daughters, sisters and friends and register for the 5k or Princess Dash today. Princesses can compete for $20 each and individual 5k runners can register for $45. Form a 5k team, and each participant can register for just $40. After you register, don’t forget to make a tutu to wear in the race!
HOKA ONE ONE 10K In Columbus
If you’re looking for an event the whole family can join in on, you might want to choose the HOKA ONE ONE 10k on June 5. Make-A-Wish is the official charity partner this year, and will benefit from all of the proceeds on the event registration page. Registration is $45 per person until the day of the event. You can also wait until the day-of and register for $50.
The run begins at Genoa Park in downtown Columbus. Participants will enjoy a run through Columbus’ Arena District, Short North, Victorian Village and Olentangy Trail. Registration is at 6:30 a.m. and the 10k starts at 8 a.m. Younger runners who can’t do the entire 10k can take part in the Grasshopper Kids Run at 7:40 a.m. instead. The kids’ portion of the race is free to all participants.
5 Walk For Wishes Events
Those looking for a more laid back way to help Make-A-Wish can register for one of the five upcoming Walk For Wishes events benefiting Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana this summer. All of the events feature a 1- or 3-mile walk followed by a post-walk celebration, food and music.
- The 13th Annual Walk For Wishes in Cincinnati is June 11. The event takes place at Sawyer Point with registration at 9 a.m. and the walk at 10. Register as a team or individual today and start fundraising on the event website!
- On June 18, Kentucky residents can come out to the Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium in Louisville for the 6th Annual Walk For Wishes. You can join more than 1,000 walkers who have already registered by signing up today. Registration starts at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10.
- If you’re in Indiana, don’t miss the 11th Annual Indianapolis Walk For Wishes June 25. More than 2,000 walkers have already registered. Be one of them by signing up on the event website today. The walk takes place at the NCAA Hall of Champions with registration at 7:30 a.m. and the walk starting at 9.
- The 24th Annual Medical Mutual Northeast Ohio Walk For Wishes is July 16 in Cleveland. This walk will take place at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo with registration at 7:30 a.m. The walk begins at 8:30. Zoo members should remember to bring their pass for free entrance into the zoo. Learn more and register here.
- The final Walk For Wishes event of the summer is the 17th Annual Medical Mutual Columbus walk on July 30. Registration is at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10. The walk takes place downtown in Genoa Park. Check out the event registration page and sign up today.
Other Fun Ways To Help Make-A-Wish This Summer
If you’re looking for more ways to give back, consider donating a car this summer! Wheels For Wishes, benefiting Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana offers free vehicle towing and a great tax deduction. We accept cars regardless of their age or condition, then auction or recycle them to benefit your local Make-A-Wish.
Donate your car, truck, boat, RV or motorcycle today with our online car donation form or by calling 1-877-431-9474.