Do you have a junk car? We have all the information you need to junk or donate your vehicle. Read below to see your state’s requirements for paperwork.
When donating or junking your car, you may need the title. States each have their own rules for the paperwork you need. If you want to junk a car with no title, it may not be possible depending on where you live. If your situation is unique, you can always call Wheels For Wishes at 1-877-431-9474. Below is a basic guide for the requirements of each state. Click the link on each state for more specific details.
States Where You Do Not Need Title If Older Than Certain Year
- Maine: You need the title unless your vehicle year is 1994 or older.
- New Hampshire: You need the title unless your vehicle is from 1999 or older.
- Rhode Island: State requires the title unless your vehicle’s year is 1980 or older.
Do Not Need Title If Vehicle Sells For Parts
- South Dakota: You will not need your title at time of pickup. If you don’t have a title, you can still finish the donation process. However, the vehicle may only sell for parts.
You Do Not Need Title If You Apply For Duplicate Title
- Kansas: If you lost your original title, you can still donate in Kansas if you apply for a duplicate title.
No Title Needed In This State If You Sign Forms
- Washington: You won’t need a physical title as long as the title is in your name. We may require you to sign two Vehicle Power of Attorney forms so we can apply for a duplicate title.
States Where You Need The Title
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
States That Require Title Signed And Notarized
- North Carolina
- Pennsylvania: Can apply for duplicate if you lose your title.
These States Need Certificate Of Title
States That Do Not Need Title For Vehicle Pick Up; Do Need Title To Complete Process
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Is Wheels For Wishes The Best Option For My Junk Car?
Yes! Wheels For Wishes offers:
- Free pick up and towing
- Acceptance of most vehicles, running or not
- Fast and convenient donation process
- Helpful representatives to guide you through the process
- A 100 percent tax deductible receipt with your donation
What If Your Car Isn’t Drivable?
It doesn’t matter! Wheels For Wishes comes to you. We accept most vehicles.
How Much Money Do You Get For Your Junk Car?
Wheels For Wishes typically auctions your donated vehicle to get the maximum value out of it. Your tax deduction will reflect the actual sale price. If your vehicles sells for under $500, you can claim the fair market value up to $500.
How Long Is The Process To Donate Or Junk Your Car?
Wheels For Wishes gets back to you fast. We get back to you within 24 hours of the next business day from when you made the call to donate. At that time, we set up a convenient time to pick up your vehicle. From there, you can sit back and relax. Your tax deduction will come in the mail.
How To Donate Your Junk Car
Now that you know your state’s title requirements, you can start the car donation process. Wheels For Wishes makes the junk or donation process fast and easy for you.
- Call 1-877-431-9474 or fill out an online donation form. We will get back to you within 24 hours of the next business day.
- We come to you with free pick up and towing. We accept almost all vehicles, running or not. Donate your junk car with or with no title today!
- We mail your tax-deductible receipt to you. Wheels For Wishes is nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, so your donation is 100 percent tax deductible. It really pays to donate your junk car!