We're still accepting vehicle donations, but subject to change if necessary. For faster service please use the online form. In light of COVID-19, we are taking all steps necessary for your car donation to take place in a safe manner. See our COVID-19 FAQ page for details.

Kansas Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign where it reads “Signature of Seller(s)” and next to that “Printed names of Seller(s).”

Kansas Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Form:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:Kansas law requires the heir to transfer the Title in the name of the heir or the next of kin prior to donating a vehicle. This will also require the Decedents Affidavit.

“OR” requires one signature
“And” requires a copy of the Death Certificate, and a signed Title.

Deceased owner only on Title – requires Death Certificate and Decedents Affidavit TR83A signed by all heirs. Signed Title or Title with Power of Attorney by appointee is also required.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:The donor should remove their license plates and registration stickers as they are considered their property. These items should not stay on the vehicle and should be removed either at the time of pickup or beforehand.

The donor will also need to fill out the Seller’s Notification of Sale that has a fee of $10 connected to the Title. If it is not connected to the Title, the donor can obtain it form the Kansas Department of Revenue’s website. The form can be printed, filled out, and mailed to a specified address on the form.

Seller’s Notification of Sale Form:

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474