We're still accepting vehicle donations, but subject to change if necessary. For faster service please use the online form. In light of COVID-19, we are taking all steps necessary for your car donation to take place in a safe manner. See our COVID-19 FAQ page for details.

Pennsylvania Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign in the first section where it reads “Signature of Seller(s)” and next to that where it reads “Printed Name of Seller(s)” only. Please be aware that a Pennsylvania Title does have to get notarized by a Notary before signing and presenting the Title to our tow facility.

Pennsylvania Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Application for Duplicate Title:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:If ownership listed on title are husband and wife with “and” between their names, or Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship (JTWROS) – need an original Death Certificate, execution of Form MV-39, and PoA or signed title by surviving spouse.

If Tenants in Common – need Letters of Testamentary and PoA, or signed title by appointee.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:The state of Pennsylvania, liability is released when the donor completes the ‘Surrender of a Registration Plate’ (form MV-141), which can be found on the PennDOT website. The form is completed after the vehicle has been picked up since Pennsylvania requires donors to cancel their registration and their return license plates. Please make sure license plates are removed from the vehicle before our facility picks up the car. The form should be submitted to PennDOT at the address listed on the form by mail if not completed in person. If donors have questions, please contact PennDOT as this is a state requirement.

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474