Wheels For Wishes Home

Idaho Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Click here to donate a car in Idaho, benefiting Make-A-Wish kids!

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the front of the Title please sign where it reads “of Seller(s) and below that Printed names of Seller(s). Here is a Title that “John Doe” filled out for example.

Idaho Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Form:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:If the original owner of the vehicle is deceased, you will have to provide us with a copy of the Death Certificate, an Affidavit of Inheritance or a Small Estate Affidavit. You will also have to sign the Title. However, if the estate is in probate, you will have to present a copy of the Death Certificate, and the probate papers from the court as well as the Letters of Administration notarized. Upon doing that, the Title has to be signed by the executor of the estate.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:The donor should remove their license plates as they are considered their property. The plates cannot stay on the vehicle and must be removed either at the time of pickup or beforehand. The donor must also remove the registration stickers, but can transfer the tags to another vehicle. The donor’s plates and registration stickers should be surrendered to their local Idaho DMV office if they no longer need them. Also, a Notice of Release of Liability has to be completed and this will cost the donor $3.50. The form is connected to the Title; otherwise it can be filled out through a printable sheet online and mailed to the local County Assessor Motor Vehicle Department.

Release of Liability Form (Print & Mail):

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474

Check out our guide for all 50 states on if you can donate your car with no title.

Excellent 9.3 out of 10
CDF also runs the following programs:
Wheels for Wishes benefiting Make-A-Wish®, Wheels for Wishes & Wellness benefiting local children's hospitals and charities, Vehicles for Veterans benefiting disabled veterans, and Animal Car Donation benefiting animal rescue organizations.

Read More
CDF's mission is to help these benefitting charities fulfill their missions with proceeds from CDF's car donation programs. CDF and all benefitting charities are separate and unaffiliated 501c organizations.
© 2009 - 2024 Wheels For Wishes (Car Donation Foundation)
A federally registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization