Wheels For Wishes Home

Iowa Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Click here to donate a car in Iowa, benefiting Make-A-Wish kids!

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign where it reads “Signature of Seller(s)” and below that “Printed names of Seller(s).”

Iowa Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Form 411007:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:When the estate requires probate, an assignment may be made by the Executor or Administrator with court documents.

When the will is not probated, an Affidavit of Death Testate (Form 411083) must be filed by the person(s) entitled to ownership under provisions of the will with a copy of the Death Certificate.

If no will, an Affidavit of Death Intestate (Form 411088) must be filed by the person(s) entitled to ownership under law of decent & distribution or the next of kin.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:The donor should remove their license plates and registration stickers as they are considered their property. These items cannot stay on the vehicle and must be removed either at the time of pickup or beforehand. The donor should contact their county treasurer to turn them in or to put on another vehicle.

The donor will also need to fill out the Motor Vehicle Transfer Notification connected to the Title. If it is not connected to the Title, the donor can obtain it form the Iowa Department of Transportation’s website. The form can be printed, filled out, and mailed to a specified address on the form. The form is called the Notice of Sale of Vehicle and Delivery of Title (411107). The form is certifying the sale or transfer of ownership of the vehicle as well as the assignment and delivery of the Title to the buyer. Upon receipt of the form, the county treasurer will file it with a copy of the registration receipt for the vehicle on file in the treasurer’s office and on that day the treasurer shall note receipt of the form in the vehicle registration and titling system.

Notice of Sale Form #411107:

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474

Check out our guide for all 50 states on if you can donate your car with no title.

Excellent 9.3 out of 10
CDF also runs the following programs:
Wheels for Wishes benefiting Make-A-Wish®, Wheels for Wishes & Wellness benefiting local children's hospitals and charities, Vehicles for Veterans benefiting disabled veterans, and Animal Car Donation benefiting animal rescue organizations.

Read More
CDF's mission is to help these benefitting charities fulfill their missions with proceeds from CDF's car donation programs. CDF and all benefitting charities are separate and unaffiliated 501c organizations.
© 2009 - 2024 Wheels For Wishes (Car Donation Foundation)
A federally registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization