Wheels For Wishes Home

Alaska Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Click here to donate a car in Alaska, benefiting Make-A-Wish kids!

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign where it reads “of Seller(s) and below that Printed names of Seller(s).

Alaska Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on the Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

More Information on an Alaska Lien Release:

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Printable Form:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:If Titled jointly the surviving owner signs the Title as seller. If the total estate, less liens and encumbrances, is valued at $150,000.00 or less, the transfer may be affected by an Affidavit for Estate. In addition, the total value of all vehicles cannot exceed $100,000.00 and the total value of personal property, excluding the vehicles cannot exceed $50,000.00. If the total estate exceeds $150,000.00, Executor must retitle in his/her name, Administrator, and Letters of Testamentary.

Alaska State Information on Deceased Owner:

Affidavit for an Estate with Assets of $150,000 or Less form:

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:Complete the Notice of Vehicle Sale for Transfer form that is attached to the bottom of your Title and mail or drop off at the DMV. If you do not have the form on your Title, you can complete it on the Department of Administration Division of Motor Vehicles’ website listed below for the state of Alaska.

Plates can be transferred to another vehicle or destroyed, but are not required to be returned to the Division of Motor Vehicles.

Notice of Vehicle Sale for Transfer (Form 820) for Liability Release:

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474

Check out our guide for all 50 states on if you can donate your car with no title.

Excellent 9.3 out of 10
CDF also runs the following programs:
Wheels for Wishes benefiting Make-A-Wish®, Wheels for Wishes & Wellness benefiting local children's hospitals and charities, Vehicles for Veterans benefiting disabled veterans, and Animal Car Donation benefiting animal rescue organizations.

Read More
CDF's mission is to help these benefitting charities fulfill their missions with proceeds from CDF's car donation programs. CDF and all benefitting charities are separate and unaffiliated 501c organizations.
© 2009 - 2024 Wheels For Wishes (Car Donation Foundation)
A federally registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization