We're still accepting vehicle donations, but subject to change if necessary. For faster service please use the online form. In light of COVID-19, we are taking all steps necessary for your car donation to take place in a safe manner. See our COVID-19 FAQ page for details.

Alabama Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign where it reads “of Seller(s) and below that Printed names of Seller(s).

Alabama Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Alabama Application for Lien Release:

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Application for Replacement Title:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:The State of Alabama requires transferring ownership of a vehicle whose owner is deceased. You will need to provide a copy of the death certificate, a notarized next of kin affidavit (MVT 5-6). The next of kin will sign the Title.

If it is in probate you will need a copy of the death certificate, notarized probate papers from the court and the Title signed by the executor.

Affidavit for Assignment of Title for a Vehicle from a Deceased Owner:
The application can only be completed if the Estate does not require probate. http://revenue.alabama.gov/motorvehicle/mvforms/mvt5_6.pdf

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:Please remove the plates prior to donating, if the vehicle is parked on the street don’t remove until tow driver is present to avoid a citation. You must turn your plates in or transfer them to another vehicle. You will need to notify the County License Issuing office.

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474