We're still accepting vehicle donations, but subject to change if necessary. For faster service please use the online form. In light of COVID-19, we are taking all steps necessary for your car donation to take place in a safe manner. See our COVID-19 FAQ page for details.

Arizona Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title, please sign where it reads “of Seller(s) and below that Printed names of Seller(s). ***PLEASE NOTE MUST BE NOTARIZED****

Arizona Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Form:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:Estates less than $50,000 or probate paperwork for estates of more than $50,000. The Title can be signed by the surviving spouse, next of kin or executor of estate. If the Title has “and” you sign for both, if “or” only one of the names must sign off as the owner. Contact your local MVD office for more information.

Non-Probate Affidavit Form:

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:Complete the Notice of Vehicle Sale or Transfer form, The Sold Notice can be submitted on-line by visiting: http://servicearizona.com/soldNotice. You can return the plates to the Motor Vehicle Division, but is not required.

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474