We're still accepting vehicle donations, but subject to change if necessary.
See our COVID-19 FAQ

Utah Vehicle Donation Title Questions and Helpful Information

Q:Where do I sign the Title?

A:On the back of the Title please sign in section A Assignment of Title by Registered Owner in the Seller portion where it reads “Signature of Seller(s)” and where it reads “Printed Name of Seller(s).”

Utah Title Example

Q:I paid off my car but there is still a lienholder listed?

The lienholder should have provided a Lien Release or completed the Lien Release section on Title when it was paid off. If a Lien Release is required please contact your financial institution. We will request one if necessary directly from the bank or other financial institution on your behalf but may need a written authorization and copy of your driver’s license.

Q:What do I put down for the Buyer?

A:We prefer it be left blank along with the odometer reading as the processing partner will record the exact reading at time of processing and handle the buyer and dealer license information.

Information that is provided by the processing partner may be put in the buyer section.

Q:Can I still donate if I can’t find my Title?

A:We will still attempt to process your donation without the title, though the process may be a bit more complicated.

Duplicate Title Form:

Q:I’m donating the vehicle on behalf of Deceased loved one, what do I need to provide?

A:If deceased was the owner of no more than 4 titled vehicles (boats, trailers, RV’s etc.) and the value does not exceed $100,000, than transfer of ownership may be processed with an Affidavit of Survivorship (TC-569C). This form will need to be executed by the next of kin or surviving spouse and must be notarized. If Survivor has not signed actual title, they also need to provide signed Power of Attorney.

When Letters of Administration or Testamentary are issued – NFM will need certified copy of Decree of Distribution or a court order confirming sale of vehicle and proper endorsement of title by administrator along with the certified copy of Letters of Administration or Testamentary.

Q:How do I release the liability and what do I do with my plates?

A:There is no release of liability form for the state of Utah, and because of this the donor should remove their license plates and registration stickers from the vehicle to protect his or herself from future liability issues.

Q:Will you take a vehicle that has mechanical problems?

A:Vehicles are reviewed and sent to a processing partner, however if we are unable to find a buyer for the vehicle, we will have to unfortunately decline the donation.

*Boats, RV’s, ATV, Campers or industrial equipment are taken on a case by case basis*

Click here to go back to our Title FAQ or call our Title Department at 1-855-492-9474