Thanksgiving Is A Time To Say Thanks For What You Have And Give To Those In Need
When you gather with family and friends to give thanks this Thursday, imagine a smiling child receiving the news that they are going to have their wish granted. When this happens, a child can do whatever they dream of doing, whether it’s meet their favorite role model, see their favorite sports team, visit a theme park, or travel to any part of the world. This is the kind of news that could truly give a child something to be thankful for this year—they will receive the gift of hope, strength, and joy, and it could be all because of you.
Make It A Thanksgiving Tradition To Do Good Every Year
On Thanksgiving, we are giving thanks to the people in our lives, our health and wellness, the food on our table, and to our life and everything in it. We have so many things to be thankful for, and it feels wonderful to be able to give back during such a meaningful time of the year.
When you donate a car, you can be the one to grant the wish of a child in your own community. When you donate a car around Thanksgiving, you can give a child even more to be thankful for, and you will truly make a difference in the life of a child.
Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks and help those who need it, and you can help a child receive a wish come true when you contact Wheels For Wishes. Sometimes people choose to volunteer their time on Thanksgiving, but you can help out right from your own home, using your phone or going online. Wheels For Wishes, benefiting Make-A-Wish, will take care of the rest. You may even choose to do something for others every year on or before Thanksgiving Day. Maybe you will even choose to live life it’s Thanksgiving every day of the year. We can never be too thankful!
Your Car Donation Can Turn A Happy Thanksgiving Into A Thanksgiving To Remember
The difference between a Happy Thanksgiving and a Thanksgiving to remember is that a “Wish Kid” could receive the news that they are going to have their wish come granted and can wish for anything in their wildest dreams. A child will be thankful every day of the year.
When you donate your car to Wheels For Wishes, we will pick up or tow away your car, free of charge. All you need to do is contact us to tell us that you want to make a difference for a child this Thanksgiving, and Wheels For Wishes will take care of the rest. Right then and there, a child’s wish will be one step closer to coming true, just in time for Thanksgiving.
Pledge To Give back Every Year
Thanksgiving is a time for us to be thankful for what we have and also be thankful that we have the ability to give back to others, whether it’s through a car donation or another act of kindness. If a vehicle donation (car, truck, SUV, RV, boat, or motorcycle) isn’t on your agenda this year, then there are plenty of other ways to give back during Thanksgiving:
- Donate old clothes, books, toys, or canned goods to a charitable organization
- Help serve food to those in need
- Make a cash donation to a charitable organization
- If you know someone will be spending the holiday alone, invite them along to celebrate with you and your loved ones
- Try a more cost-effective and eco-friendly Thanksgiving meal. Consider making vegetables and grains your main course, more similar to the first Thanksgiving meal.
- Make Thanksgiving more about the people you are with, rather than the food you are eating
- Make your celebration similar to the first Thanksgiving with games, singing, and dancing
- Bake a pie for a neighbor and deliver it to their front door
- Help pick up trash in your neighborhood or at a local park
- If there’s snow, help shovel for an elderly neighbor or see if they need help with anything around their house
- Foster a pet or adopt a pet from an animal shelter. Visit fosterspot.com to find a pet to foster in your area or petfinder.com to search for adoptable pets in your area. It’s important to give animals something to be thankful for, too!
- Visit a hospital and start your holiday caroling early
- Put together a Thanksgiving care package and send it to a soldier
- Write a note to family, friends, and other people in your lives to let them know you are thankful for what they do
Thanksgiving is so much more than the food on our plate—it’s about the people in our lives and giving back to our communities! Whatever you decide to do this Thanksgiving, you can know you are making a difference in somebody’s life. When you have a vehicle to donate, give us a call at Wheels For Wishes and we will make sure your old car turns into a wish granted for a child. We can promise you that it’s something you will feel great about doing.
Give us a call at 1-877-431-9474 or fill out our online form at https://www.wheelsforwishes.org/car-donation-form/. We are happy to answer any questions that you may have, so don’t hesitate to ask!
This Thanksgiving, we are thankful for our many wonderful and generous donors!