The Perfect Day For Your Sweet Tooth
Get your baking utensils ready for January 27. This day is not for vanilla cakes or red velvet cakes but it is all about chocolate cakes all around the world. The 27th is Chocolate Cake Day, so be prepared to bake a cake and eat it too!
History Of Chocolate Cake
Even though we can date chocolate back to 1900 BC, you would be amazed to know that chocolate cake is actually a fairly recent concept. Here are some interesting facts about this delicious dessert:
- In 1764 Dr. James Baker discovered how to make chocolate by grinding cocoa beans down into a powder.
- Until the 1840s chocolate was consumed as a bitter beverage.
- One of the earliest printed recipes for chocolate cake they could find was from 1899 by Linda Larned.
- The first chocolate cakes were very light; they used a lot more flour and used less sugar and cocoa than in chocolate cake today.
Some Of Our Favorite Chocolate Cakes
Chocolate cake has become so much more than just cocoa, sugar and flour. Now you can find chocolate cakes with candy mixed throughout, rich chocolate frosting, and even fudge filled. Here are some of our favorite chocolate cakes:
- Chocolate Lava Cake: This cake is best served warm and has a gooey chocolate inside. As you cut, each bite has a little bit more chocolate than the last.
- Andes Chocolate Cake: If you love Andes Mints, this is the cake for you. This yummy cake has a middle layer of mint cream and crushed Andes Mints on top.
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake: This cake has a chocolate cake bottom layer, a thick fudge layer, a chocolate mousse layer and a white mousse layer on top.
- Old Fashioned Chocolate Buttermilk Cake: If you are looking for a simple chocolate cake that won’t be too dry, this is the perfect choice! The cake stays soft throughout the baking process, and the home made frosting helps to keep the cake perfect until it’s ready to be served.
Be As Sweet As A Chocolate Cake
Want to be the sweetest person you can be and help bring a smile to a child’s face? We have a way you can! If you have a vehicle that is taking up space in the garage or on the driveway that you no longer need, you can donate it to Wheels For Wishes. We are a car donation organization that benefits Make-A-Wish. Our donation process is fast and easy all you need to do is fill out our online donation form or call us at 1-855-278-9474.
Eat cake and help a child too!