Great Activities To Keep The Kids Busy Over Winter Break
Winter break is right around the corner. Here are some ideas to keep the kids busy so you can relax.
- Winter themed color by number/letter: If your children love to color and need practice learning their numbers or letters, here are many free pintables for your kids to try!
- Paper Snowflakes: If you have spare white paper, have your children fold them up and cut out shapes to make them into beautiful snowflakes you can hang.
- Yarn Impossible: If your kids need to get energy out but it’s too cold outside, this is a great activity. If you have yarn or string that you are no longer going to use, you can tape it back and forth down a hallway. Then have your kids try to crawl through it without touching the yarn or string.
- Scavenger Hunt: This activity can keep your children busy for hours. Have fun thinking of many items for them to go around the house and look for. The trickier you can get, the longer it will take.
- Dominoes: If you have dominoes or if you don’t they are easy to find at your local department store, this will keep the kids busy for hours. Have the kids get creative and make a pattern or a huge line around the room with them. Once they use the last one have them touch one and watch as they all slowly fall down.
- Penguin Paper Roll Craft: Save your toilet paper rolls and have your kids cut out and glue paper onto them and turn them into penguins. This is a craft you can have fun doing with them.
- Simon Says: This is a great game to get the kids up and moving. You can play with them or they can play with each other. One person is Simon and tells the others what to do such as skip, walk backwards and so on.
- Paper Plate Snowman: This is a very easy craft to do. All you need is three paper plates, construction paper, scissors and glue. Tape or glue the three paper plates together then cut out eyes, nose, scarf, buttons and a hat. Have the kids glue them to the paper plates. Once the glue dries, you can hang them up as a winter decoration.
- Make Your Own Snow: This is an easy activity to make. First take ½ cup of conditioner and 2 cups of baking soda then mix them together and let your kids play. They can form together different shapes and objects.
If you have an unused vehicle that is taking up space that the kids could utilize, you can donate it to Wheels For Wishes. We are a car donation program that benefits Make-A-Wish. The donation process is fast and easy. All you have to do is call us at 1-877-431-9474 or fill out our online donation form. We will call you within 24 hours to find out when the best time would be to pick up the vehicle.
Your donation could help a child’s wish come true in your area.