How To Donate A Car
Are you considering vehicle donation? Wheels For Wishes is here to help! Wheels For Wishes benefits your local chapter of Make-A-Wish. Your donations helps to grant life-changing wishes to children facing critical illness. We have all the information you need to know for how to donate a car. We help you every step of the way, and make the process fast, easy and worthwhile. Here is how to donate a car:
Donate Your Vehicle In Three easy Steps
- Call us at 1-855-278-9474 or fill out our convenient online donation form.
- We set up your free donation pick up. Within 24 hours of the next business, we will contact you to schedule your vehicle pick up. We come to you and tow your donated car for free.
- After your donation is complete, we send your tax-deductible receipt in the mail. You can use this receipt to claim your tax deduction on your 1098-c form. It really pays to donate!
We Come To You To Pick Up Your Donation
We come to you with free towing whether you are in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, or many places in between! We accept car donations from almost anywhere in the United States. Wherever you are, you can benefit local kids through your local chapter of Make-A-Wish.
We accept vehicle donations to help kids in these locations:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
If your state wasn't listed, give us a call. Chances are we can still benefit kids with your donation, but it may help a different program like children's hospitals or other charities.
What Kinds Of Vehicles Can Be Donated?
We accept most vehicle types such as:
- Jet Skis
- And More!
Give us a call, and we will let you know if we can accept your donation!
Are There Tax Benefits For Donating Your Vehicle?
Yes! When you donate your car to Wheels For Wishes, you get a tax-deductible receipt. Because we are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) vehicle donation organization, your donation is tax-deductible. It really pays to donate to Wheels For Wishes!
What Happens To Donated Cars?
After you donate your vehicle, we find the best way to get it's maximum value to benefit Make-A-Wish. It can be auctioned or recycled. Either way, we get the most value and donate the proceeds to Make-A-Wish.
What If Your Car Isn't Running?
We accept most vehicles, running or not. Call or fill out an online donation form to see if we will accept your vehicle!
How Long Will It Take To Pick Up Your Donation?
First you donate your car by calling or filling out the form. Then, we contact you within 24 hours of the next business day to schedule your free pick up. Don't worry! We will find a time that works well for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Donating My Vehicle?
There are countless benefits to donating your car to Wheels For Wishes. These benefits include:
- We come to you with free towing.
- We accept most vehicles, running or not.
- You don't have to go through the work of selling your vehicle.
- You no longer have to store your vehicle.
- You don't have to worry about maintaining or fixing the vehicle anymore.
- You get a great tax deduction for your donation.
- Best of all, your donation benefits local kids! That's right! Your donation benefits Make-A-Wish. So your old or unwanted car can help grant life-changing wishes to children facing critical illness!
Are There Any Costs?
Donate your car at no cost to you! It's free, and you get a great tax deduction.