How To Get Rid Of A Junk Car
Looking for how to get rid of a car? You have three main options:
- Donate your car
- Sell it
- Junk it
There are many factors that play into what to do with your unwanted car. These can be anything from its condition to your amount of space to store it. We're here to help you make that decision based on your situation. We lay out some of the pros and cons of donating, selling or junking your unwanted car.
Consider Wheels For Wishes Car Donation
Our charity car donation program turns all vehicles, even junk cars, in to a 100 percent tax deductible donation. There’s no cost to you and we even tow all vehicles for free! Best of all, your car benefits your local Make-A-Wish chapter, helping a local child with a critical illness have an experience of a lifetime is something money can’t buy! That vehicle taking up needed space in your driveway or garage turns into something so much more. Wheels For Wishes makes car donation the best way to get rid of an old car.
When You Donate Your Old Car You Will Receive:
- Free vehicle pick-up, running or not, from a location that is best for you.
- You will receive the best possible tax deduction for your vehicle, and if it sells for less than $500, you can claim the fair market value up to $500. If you are looking to donate your car for cash, know that it pays to donate to Wheels For Wishes!
- You will not have to deal with people trying to haggle you for a lower price.
- It is a great way to help the environment by recycling your vehicle.
- Best of all you will be able to help a child’s magical wish come true.
Selling Your Car Is A Hassle, Donating Is Easy
Wheels For Wishes leaves donors wondering why they ever tried to sell their vehicles when the donation process is so fast and easy. You have to jump through so many hoops and deal with several small details when you are trying to sell you vehicle. However, you can donate by calling us on the phone or by filling out an online donation form. It is as simple as that!
Looking To Get Rid Of A Junk Car?
If you are looking for junk car removal, you may be past the point of trying to sell your car. Don't turn to an auto salvage yard right away! Car donation to Wheels For Wishes, however, can still bring you value for you car while also helping to answer how to get rid of a car.
Alternative To Junking Your Car
Wheels For Wishes can help those wondering how to get rid of an unwanted car. We accept most cars, trucks, boats, RVs, trailers, motorcycles and Jet Skis. Junking a car can be a hassle, especially when you have to directly coordinate the transportation of your vehicle. Sometimes, it can even come with a cost to you. Wheels For Wishes can help you get rid of your car, all while benefiting a great cause in Make-A-Wish. We come to you, pick up your vehicle for free, and you even get a tax deduction—giving you even more value for your unwanted car.
Donation is a great option if you’re wondering how to get rid of a junk car. We make the most of every donation. We recycle, reduce, and reuse as much as possible of what we can’t sell.
How To Properly Throw Away A Car
With Wheels For Wishes, you don’t need to know the complicated way of how to dispose of a car. Cars, and other vehicles, are unlike other types of junk. You can’t simply roll them to the end of your driveway with your trash can. They are also unlike other trash because they have value! Even the car you are trying to throw away can give value to benefiting Make-A-Wish.
All you need to do is donate, and we take care of the process of removing it from your hands for free, so you don’t need to know how to get rid of a car that doesn’t work!
How Wheels For Wishes Can Help
We told you why you don’t need to know how to junk a car. Here is how Wheels For Wishes takes care of it:
- You call us at 1-855-278-9474 or fill out an online donation form to donate your vehicle.
- We pick it up and tow it away for free.
- We determine how to get the most value from it, which both benefits the Make-A-Wish kids with the largest possible donation and you with the best possible tax deduction.
Why Choose Wheels For Wishes?
- Our car donation program turns all vehicles, even junk cars, into a 100 percent tax deductible donation.
- There's no cost to you and we even tow all vehicles for free!
- Best of all, your car benefits your local Make-A-Wish chapter, helping a local child with a critical illness have an experience of a lifetime is something money can’t buy! That vehicle turns into something more valuable!
- Wheels For Wishes makes car donation the best way to get rid of an old car.
Even Vehicles In The Worst Shape Can Turn Into A Wish
We accept cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, motor homes, and even boats, in nearly any condition. The better shape the car is in, the more we can make out of it, but almost every vehicle can help make a wish come true. You can even donate junk cars. Some vehicles we get are beyond repair and interest no one.
Wheels For Wishes is not an auto salvage yard, but you can think of it like you want to sell a junk car, and Wheels For Wishes buys junk cars. Instead of buying, we give you free towing and pick up, and give you a great tax deduction. Instead of selling, you are donating your car to help a great cause!
Car Donation Is A Great Option For The Environment
Donation is a great option if you're wondering how to get rid of a junk car. We make the most of every donation. We recycle and reuse what we can’t sell.
Did you know that the average car is 75 to 95 percent recyclable? Also, according to the EPA, recycling metal uses about 74 percent less energy than making new metal. Car donation makes good environmental sense as well. Donating your old gas guzzler and buying a new ecofriendly vehicle can reduce your carbon footprint.
FAQ For Getting Rid Of Your Car
Still have questions? Check out these four frequently asked questions and their helpful answers:
1. How Much Do You Get For A Junk Car?
We don't offer a low amount of cash for junk cars, and you don't need to know how much your car is worth. We get the most value we can from your junk or totaled car, and you get a tax deduction reflective of that fair market value!
2. Who Do I Call To Pick Up A Junk Car?
Call Wheels For Wishes! We can help with your junk car removal. We come to you and pick up junk cars for free! Plus you help benefit Make-A-Wish and get a tax deduction.
3. Do You Have To Have A Title To Junk A Car?
In most cases, we will need the title for your scrap car, but each state has its own requirement. Check out this title page to see your state’s title requirements. Wheels For Wishes makes the donation process convenient, easy and worth your while.
4. How Can I Get Rid Of My Old Car For Money?
We don't pay a low amount of cash for junk cars. We offer something better! While other places might offer to buy junk cars, it may not be worth it to junk your car. Often, the amount to tow subtracts from your already small cash offer, and you won't get a fair value. With Wheels For Wishes, we can come to you to tow your car away for free, and you get a tax deduction for the fair market value of your damaged car.
We Make It So Easy To Do Something So Rewarding!
If you are looking for a great tax write off or a great opportunity to give back, Wheels For Wishes makes the donating process as fast and easy as possible.
- Start by giving us a call at 1-855-278-9474 or filling out our easy vehicle donation form. Our experienced vehicle donation representatives are available to help you with the donation process and answer any questions you might have.
- Next, we’ll contact you within 24 hours of the next business day to arrange for your vehicle pick up! We tow any vehicle, anywhere, at no cost to you.
- Finally, we’ll mail out your tax deductible receipt. Save this and deduct it from your taxes at the end of the year. Any donations we receive online before 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 31 count for that tax year, so there’s never been a better time than now to donate your car.