If you’ve been kicking around the idea of car donation, Wheels For Wishes is the only vehicle donation program that benefits Make-A-Wish Illinois. When you donate your car, truck, motorcycle, SUV, motor home or boat to Wheels for Wishes, the proceeds from your donation help to fund the wishes of kids in Chicago and across Illinois. Our simple vehicle donation process eliminates the hassle of selling your vehicle. We do all the work for you. No need to list an ad, field phone calls, show your vehicle several times to people from all across the collar counties because Wheels For Wishes handles all of that for you. Help children in Chicago, and in our surrounding communities, by keeping your donation in Illinois.
Our car donation program offers more:
- Easy vehicle donation process, and professional service.
- Fast, free pick-up and towing for your donated vehicle anywhere in the state, even East St. Louis, Springfield, Rockford or Aurora.
- 100% tax deductible! Unlike many other programs, we are a fully registered IRS 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization that will give you the maximum possible tax deduction for your vehicle donation.
- Acceptance of all vehicles whether they are running or not. We work hard to make the most of every vehicle.
Your car donation can be scheduled immediately by calling 1-877-351-9474. Our representatives are available anytime, day or night, to assist with the vehicle donation process. There is also an easy online donation form to begin the vehicle donation process right now. Our staff will generally contact you within one business day to arrange pick up of your donated vehicle.
Help grant the wishes of Chicago children
Your car donation can help children across Illinois have their wishes fulfilled. Even if that wish is as simple as meeting their favorite Bears player or petting the penguins at the Shedd Aquarium, having a wish granted can be a wonderful gift to a child. “Wish Kids” are children you can see anywhere. They could be rocking out at Kidapalooza or picnicking with their family at Ravinia. They could be at Midway Village visiting the home of the sock monkey or at the Botanic Garden.
We work hard to help kids all across Illinois. Even though your car may have seen better days, we think of that car as a wish just waiting to be granted to an Illinois child. By donating your car you help Make-A-Wish Illinois bring hope, joy and strength into the lives of some northern Illinois’ “Wish Kids.” We will happily pick up your car, running or not, from you even as far away as Rockford, Crystal Lake, Waukegan, Schaumberg, Elgin, Naperville, Joliet, Sterling, Orland Park, Harvey or Oak Lawn.
Proceeds stay local, in our community
Proceeds from your vehicle donation go to Wheels For Wishes, a tax-exempt charity under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code, benefiting Make-A-Wish Illinois. Your generous gift will help grant the wishes of children in Illinois with critical illnesses between the ages of 2 ½ and 18. You can help kids in Illinois experience hope, strength and joy. Please consider the good you could do if you donate your vehicle today.
If you have specific questions or would like more information about donating your car, truck, boat, motorcycle, SUV or RV, contact us at 1-877-351-9474 any time. Our representatives will be happy to assist with your donation.
Donating your vehicle is a quick three-step process
It only takes a minute, and you can begin the process either online or over the phone.
- Give us a call at 1-877-351-9474 or fill out our easy donation form and our experienced, helpful staff will get the ball rolling on your donation.
- We schedule a convenient pick up time. We are more than happy to tow any vehicle, running or not, anywhere in Illinois.
- We will mail your tax deductible receipt. Save this receipt in a safe location and deduct it from your taxes at the end of the year. Any donation we receive before midnight on January 1st will count for that tax year.