This year make your barbeque and outdoor festivities ecofriendly with some of our tips!
- Go to your local market and pick out locally grown and organic meats and vegetables for your cookout. In Denver check out the South Pearl Street Farmer’s market with vendors stretching from Buchtel to Jewell Avenues, you are sure to find some great finds there!
- Opt for healthier options than just burgers, hot dogs, and chips. Instead look for grass-fed beed, free range chicken, grilled tofu, and fresh veggies!
- Try to opt for a charcoal chimney grill instead of a gas grill. Use natural, hardwood charcoal for a great smoky flavor.
- Instead of plastic or paper goods and utensils, use reusable dinner plates and silverware. However if you are expected a big crowd and disposable is easier, make sure your products are compostable or made from recycled, and biodegradable products.
- Cloth tablecloths not only fancy up a barbeque but are better for the environment than their plastic counterparts.
- Use organic, chemical free sunscreen or insect repellent to ward off those strong rays and nasty ‘intruders’. Trader Joe’s offers a variety of eco-friendly products or check out The Daily Green for more suggestions of chemical-free lines.
- If you have food leftover, hop in your car (or better yet bike!) and donate it to your local homeless shelter. The Denver ACTS Resource Center on Clay Street happily accepts such donations!
- And, finally, don’t forget to recycle, recycle, recycle! Create separate containers for your guests to dispose of their trash, recyclables, and compost.
Intrigued by the green-lifestyle and looking for more tips on how to live an eco-friendly life? Check out the Easy Eco Blog for some great suggestions and articles on green living!
Do you have any eco-friendly ideas that you did not see mentioned on the list? Make sure to leave a comment below or visit our Facebook page. We always love hearing your suggestions!
Recycle Your Car And Give Back
If you would like to help kids that are battling life threating illnesses we have a perfect way for you to help. If you have an unused vehicle you can donate it to Wheels For Wishes benefiting Make A Wish Wisconsin. All you have to do is call us at 1-877-431-9474 or fill out our online donation form. It’s as easy as that!